SPE Capital Europe
SPE Capital Europe invests in French SMEs that have the potential to become market leaders of the Euro-MENA (Europe, Middle East and North Africa) region.
In a world post COVID-19 where proximity, resilience and flexibility are becoming key factors of success, we see the Euro-MENA region as the most natural growth destination for French SMEs ready to internationalize.
With a team based in Paris and offices in Tunis, Casablanca, Cairo and Abidjan, we are uniquely
positioned to assist French SMEs reach their international expansion ambition.
Figure 1: SPE Capital Europe mission is to help French SMEs become leaders of the Euro-MENA region
Our investment criteria
We invest in:
– French SMEs with a turnover of EUR 10-70m. We will occasionally invest in SMEs based in Middle East and North Africa provided they have or intend to develop significant presence in France as part of the value creation plan
– EUR 5-12m investment per transaction (up to EUR 30m including co-investment)
– Any sector consistent with our strategy of creating future champions of the Euro-MENA region
– Majority or significant minority (minimum 25%) transactions with full alignment on value creation strategy and genuine partnership spirit
Our value creation plan
The Managing Partners of SPE Capital have significant experience investing,transforming and expanding SMEs in the Euro-MENA region. We work closely with Management to create value along two main axes:
– Business transformation and operational improvements
– Internationalization with a focus on Euro-MENA region
Figure 2: SPE Capital Europe value creation plan along two main axes
We are convinced that the human factor is at the heart of our success. We always build a very tight relationship with management based on trust and intellectual integrity. We will openly share our convictions but, more importantly, we will listen carefully and empathically. We are strong believers that the only way to succeed is to succeed together, with a shared vision and a full alignment of interest.
SPE Capital Europe is owned and managed by its partners. We are fully independent and have an agile decision-making process without red tape nor complicated layers of governance. As CEO of a portfolio company, you will always be speaking directly to a decision-maker.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
We are strong believers that good ESG practices and long-term financial performance go hand-in-hand. We consider ESG aspects in all phases of the investment cycle from the selection process to the value creation plan and exit.